Carrying around that extra 15 pounds was my nemesis. I wanted to look great in my clothes, but the extra weight kept me from feeling like I wanted to be noticed. After years of all the diets, calorie guides, scales, books, diet programs, and latest crazes, I had quit dieting altogether. Nothing worked.
Then, I lost my extra 15 pounds easily and naturally.
I finally implemented changes that actually worked! They seemed drastic at first, but have been very rewarding. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Finally, when I made changes that fell outside what I had done before, it actually worked. My first trip to the grocery store was extremely depressing, but now, I feel much healthier and smarter about my eating choices.
There are general guidelines about healthy eating choices that apply to everyone, but other considerations cause eating programs to need to be personalized. Therefore, I am listing a smorgasbord of good choices from which you can choose the combination that works for you. Here are 15 steps to losing 15 pounds:
- Read labels. Limit items you purchase to no more than 5 ingredients.
- Avoid sugar. I know, it’s in everything. Buy fresh instead. Choose items that leave out sugar. This includes all kinds of sugar: high fructose corn syrup, glucose, sugar, dextrose, honey, sucrose. By eliminating sugars, you will reduce cravings for sweets.
- Shop around the edges of the grocery store. The healthy food is located there.
- Eat breakfast. Kick start your day with good nutrition that consists of protein and fiber.
- Eat more produce. You will add nutritional value, fiber, minerals, and phytonutrients.
- Drink more water.
- Eliminate soft drinks and sweetened beverages. Find a tea you like and switch to seltzer water.
- Choose whole grains. Better yet, choose gluten-free carbs like sweet potatoes and brown rice.
- Eat more protein. Include a protein with every meal and snack.
- Eat more often. Have a light meal or snack every 2 to 3 hours.
- Use good oils. Olive oil, coconut oil, and other sources of good oil such as avocados are great.
- Eat more nuts. Nuts are a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and dietary fiber.
- Limit dairy. Choose sheep and goat products instead.
- Add color and spice. Garlic, ginger, turmeric, and other seasonings (without salt and sugar) enhance flavor and stimulate the senses, helping to reduce overeating. They can provide additional health benefits too.
- Reduce salt.
Once you begin eating for your body, you can lose the 15 pounds, feel great in your clothes, and enjoy being noticed. Then, you are on your way to begin taking 15 steps toward better fitness.
to read more about the author visit -.